TOMRA and Borealis open state-of-the-art plant for post-consumer plastic waste sorting and advanced mechanical recycling
| 06:30 Europe/Amsterdam
TOMRA and Borealis have today announced the operational start of their advanced mechanical recycling demo plant in Lahnstein, Germany, the result of a partnership that marries chemistry with technology for unsurpassed results.
2021 recycling round-up: The future of reverse vending is already here
| 09:01 Europe/Amsterdam
Convenience, community and digital experiences hit beverage container recycling
TOMRA announces commitment for 40% of all plastic packaging produced worldwide to be collected for recycling by 2030
| 10:34 Europe/Amsterdam
TOMRA president and CEO Stefan Ranstrand announces a commitment to enable 40 per cent of plastic packaging produced globally each year to be collected for recycling by 2030, at Our Ocean conference in Oslo.
| 08:38 Europe/Amsterdam
For Rémi Duracher, Charity Partnerships Manager for TOMRA Collection …
| 10:29 Europe/Amsterdam
Erna Solberg delivers first segment in “Innovation Speech 2021” from …
| 13:48 Europe/Amsterdam
Consumer attitudes towards plastic waste have been changing and this …
| 16:23 Europe/Amsterdam
TOMRA, in collaboration with adidas and Mojo Supermarket, recently …
TOMRA Recycling and Masotina: Highly targeted plastic sorting boosts recycling volumes and purityopens in new window
Based in Corsico in the Lombardy Region of Italy, MASOTINA S.p.A. operates one of Europe’s largest materials recovery facilities (MRFs) for the separation and recovery of plastic from municipal waste. The company uses 32 AUTOSORT® machines supplied by global sensor-based sorting specialist, TOMRA Recycling, to sort and recover high volumes of plastics primarily from single stream household waste collections, as well as some commercial waste. Thanks to the latest generation of TOMRA’s technology, MASOTINA is today reaping the benefits of ‘tailor-made’ plastic sorting solutions.
Dateline Resources materially increases head grades at Gold Links Gold Mineopens in new window
Dateline Resources Limited (ASX:DTR) has announced the second phase of ore sorting results for the Gold Links Gold Mine in Colorado, USA, whereby gold grade per tonne has increased by 41.6% from 15.34 to 21.71g/t Au.
Smart tech ramps up PET recycling in Mexicoopens in new window
Major investments in advanced sorting technology may well mark the beginning of a new era for plastics recycling in Mexico.
Turkish company acquires TOMRA 3C optical sorting machine to increase product quality and reduce food wasteopens in new window
Bademcioğlu Gıda is a Turkish business based in Gaziantep. Every year, Bademcioğlu processes more than 3.000 tons of almonds for the domestic market. 80 % of these almonds are produced in Turkey and the remaining 20 % are imported. In order to optimize its almond processing operations, Bademcioğlu Gıda selected the new TOMRA 3C optical sorting machine, which is a perfect solution to increase product quality and productivity due to reducing food waste by detecting defects in products and sorting out by-products.
Automating textile waste will change the game for clothing recyclingopens in new window
Textile and fashion industry have a huge circular potential that has yet to be developed. One of the main issues holding back the application of the circular economy in this sector is sorting through textile waste, which requires a high degree of precision and is still performed manually. Being able to automate the process and launch it on an industrial scale therefore will be the key to a real revolution in the world of textiles.